Ways to Boost Self Confidence
Looking for ways to boost self confidence? Well, have I got the mother load for you. Having a positive outlook on life is hugely dependent on how confident you are in yourself. For many of us, self confidence does not come naturally. Because of this I have laid out several tips you can use to boost your confidence level for the better.
Self Confidence Tips to Boost Your Confidence
- Be clear about your goals. Decide what you want out of life and be specific. Self confident people set clearly defined goals for themselves.
- Find a mentor, model, or someone you can look up to and ask for advice. Ask yourself what it is that you admire about them and model yourself after them. It is good to have more than one mentor or model. Study traits you admire in each one of them and make them your own.
- Ask yourself what you are good at and focus your attention on those things.
- Smile. Self confident people tend to smile a lot. Next time you are feeling unsure of yourself, take a deep breath and smile.
- Break big tasks into small, manageable goals. Breaking big tasks into smaller, more manageable tasks give you the opportunity to feel confident in each step you take and in the end give you more confidence to accomplish the overall task or goal.
- Don’t take yourself so seriously. Self confident people take time to relax and enjoy themselves. Don’t be afraid to laugh at yourself from time to time.
- Reward yourself for a job well done. By rewarding yourself for completing a task or reaching a goal you are telling yourself you are worth it.
- Make a list of your accomplishments that you can refer to when you are having a particularly rough day. This can help remind you of your talents and what you are capable of achieving and in the end motivate you to continue on your path.
- Learn and educate yourself. Knowledge is power. The more you know about any one subject the more confident you will be in that subject.
- Find a hobby. People tend to be good at those things they enjoy. Find a hobby you enjoy and your self confidence will steadily rise.
- Share your failures and weaknesses with others. Confident people aren’t afraid to admit their weaknesses. People relate to those who can openly admit to there weaknesses as well as their strengths.
- Try something new. Even if you don’t succeed you will have the knowledge that you gave it that old college try and it may open up new opportunities you may not otherwise have had.
- Continue to look for ways to boost self confidence. Don’t stop with the tips on this list. Continue to grow and expand as a person. Those that stop evolving as a human being tend to loose confidence in themselves and others.
- Stop worrying about what others think and start asking yourself what you think.
- If being confident is new to you, then act as if. Ask yourself what would a confident person do in this situation and then do it. Acting as if can create the same feeling as actually being confident and feelings lead to actuality.
- Get active. Active people tend to be a lot more confident than those who lack regular activity in there lives.
- Eat a healthy diet. Those that eat healthy and maintain a healthy weight tend to be more confident in themselves and have an overall better self image.
- Practice positive self talk. Those who talk poorly to themselves have a poor self image and low self confidence. Pay attention to how you address yourself and ask if you would talk that way to a friend. Be kind and forgiving to yourself.
Final Thought on ways to boost self confidence
We are not born confident, it does not come naturally. Being confident comes from knowing ourselves and being able to accept ourselves. So take some time to get to know yourself. Ask yourself, what am I good at? What can I improve on? What do I enjoy doing? What do others think I’m good at? Once you can answer these questions, you will be well on your way to becoming more confident.
Just remember, confidence does not come naturally and in order to continue to be confident, you must continue to grow and push yourself. So don’t stop here, continue to find ways to boost self confidence and continue to find ways to expand your knowledge and your self discovery.
Share This Page!
home> how to build self confidence> top of ways to boost self confidence