How to Develop Self Confidence
Are you wondering how to develop self confidence? Do you have little or no self confidence? This is not something to be ashamed of.
Being self confident is Key
Some of us did not have the privilege to grow up in a nurturing home that promoted confidence. The important thing, however, is that we pursue that confidence now.
Being self confident is key to living a more positive life and living a more positive life is key to self confidence. When you start to develop one or the other then they will both begin to flourish. For this reason I have put together a few techniques you can put into practice to get the ball rolling.
5 tips to develop self confidence
- Find someone you admire that you can model yourself after. Be careful in choosing a mentor. Choose one that already shares some of your characteristics. The reason for this is because when we see someone that we can relate to or that we feel share common characteristics with ourselves, we tend to see their victories as achievable for ourselves. The closer we can relate to someone that we admire or look up to the more we can see ourselves accomplishing that which our models or mentors do.
- Practice positive self talk and recite positive self affirmations. We, sometimes, as human beings tend to be harder on ourselves than we would be on anyone else. It is important to recognize how we talk to ourselves and consciously start to tell ourselves that we are worth it.
- Remember that others are more focused on themselves than they are on you. The reason I am telling you this is because those that lack self confidence tend to worry too much about what others think of them. The truth is most people are to wrapped up with themselves to really care. For this reason, it is up to you to do what you know to be right and to do what makes you happy. In the end, the important thing is what you think of you, not what others think of you.
- Instead of asking why should it be me start asking why shouldn't it be me. Instead of looking for all the reasons you can’t do something, start looking for the reasons you can do something. It is important not only to recognize what we are good at, but to embrace those things and use them to our advantage.
- Sit down and write out a list of your best qualities, what you are good at and also make a list of all of your past achievements no matter how small you think they might be. It often helps to put things into perspective when you can see them in black and white. Doing this one simple thing can jump start your self confidence.
Learning how to develop self confidence doesn’t have to be hard. Take baby steps, simply put one foot in front of the other and soon enough you will be up that hill.
Share This Page!
home> how to build self confidence> top of how to develop self confidence